Circular cot with rotating support for pediatric treatment
How it was born
The idea of OsteoBaby Bed was born 5 years ago to satisfy my need as a pediatric osteopath to ease the asymmetric postural load typical of a treatment to a infant on a classic physioterapic bed. “
- PRACTICITY and SAFETY: the device turns on itself with a simple internal mechanism, easy to mobilize by the therapist but stable and safe, wider than a bed Large size (80 cm) because the diameter is 110 cm. Adjustable on any therapeutic bed and easy to carry to be placed on a table in the patient’s home, always in a comfortable and easy way.
- COMFORT: With OsteoBaby Bed the cranio-sacral evaluation as Viola Frymann D.O. taught us is possible without the asymmetric lateral posture.
The Osteopath and the baby can create an emphatic relation being in front of each other and the therapist hands can easily do symmetric movements on sacrum or diaphragm and on the whole body.
If the baby falls asleep, as often occurs during a session, you don’t need to move him/her if a position change is needed, but you just turn the device.
The filling of OsteoBaby Bed is softer than standard physiotherapy bed to be more comfortable for a newborn body.
- PRECISION: when you need to evaluate cranio-facial asymmetries (such as plagiocephaly) the frontal position and the posterior one are assisted by the rotating movements and ideal if you need to take pictures to evaluate improvements over time.
- INTERACTION: “In my pediatric experience, during the treatment the interaction between the baby and the parents is very important. If the baby can see mum and dad when I have my hands on the head he/she is calmer and more relaxed. The parent can show a toy and make the baby follow it if a specific movement during the treatment is needed.”
- POSTURE: working with Osteobaby Bed the therapist posture is preciously supported.
“I suffered for years of a thoraco-lombar pain that was the result of hours working in an asymmetric later al to bed posture. Trying to position the baby at the bed border I felt uncomfortable and worried about his/her safety: the space was little and the baby in danger of falling down and I had to keep moving around and changing position. At the beginning of my career, in some studios I had no space at all to move around the bed, so the idea to let the bed move instead! Less movements for me, the baby and the parents. Much more stability, much less disturbing elements in such a delicate situation. More peace. I’m a Counselor too and I think that the therapy is a relation and lives also around a single breath. With OsteoBaby Bed the therapy can become a dance around the baby, as Renzo Molinari D.O. taught us.
- SAFETY: OsteoBaby Bed diameter is 110 cm, larger than any physioterapic bed on the market. When you work on a newborn head you can rotate the device to have the baby perpendicular to the underlying bed and the parent on the side to protect him/her from falling down.
- MAINTENANCE: Osteobaby Bed has a 3 years warranty , it’s made in leather XY, washable with disinfectant XZ. You can remove it from the physioterapic bed if you don’t need it for the following patient and you can store it on its support.
D.O. Veronica Lorenzini